Insides on the Consumer’s Preferences and Knowledge about the Lighting Industry
Awareness of legislation around incandescent bulbs is up, and preferences are showing increased use of energy-efficient lighting. There are still a lot of homeowners in Brooklyn NY who remained “faithful” to the traditional bulbs which have been a part of our household lighting for many years now. If you want to learn why, read the following post which our top electrician has prepared for you today!
Here are some facts:
- As a part of the Energy Independence and Safety Act of 2007, the US government began phasing out inefficient incandescent light bulbs. The aim is to increase the technological development and the use of more energy-efficient lighting alternatives such as CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs) and LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs. The yearly phase-out of various incandescent wattage began with a100-watt in 2012, followed by the 75-watt in 2013 and then the 60-watt, and 40-watt in 2014.
- CFLs have become the leading alternative to substitute incandescent bulbs. The reason is their longevity, brightness, energy-efficiency, and price. For 85% of the people in Brooklyn NY, brightness is the leading factor for their choice, for 90%, the price is what matters more than any other factor.
Although more energy-efficient bulbs means less energy spent for monthly electrical bills, still plenty of people stick to the incandescent bulbs. Here are a few reasons that our electrician has listed as the leading causes for this phenomenon:
– people are afraid of innovations
– the incandescent light is warmer and creates a very cozy atmosphere
– incandescent bulbs are still the cheapest ones
– people that live in the suburban areas where they have not seen any CFLs or LEDs still don’t know anything about their qualities
– people are worried about the phase-out and try to stock as many incandescent bulbs as possible
To learn more on the topic from our electrician in Brooklyn NY, you should not hesitate to contact Walford Local Residential Electrical Repairs anytime you like. Our office number is (718) 221-5582!