How a Residential Service Electrician Can Help Your Save Money
The average single-family home in the US wastes between 25 and 40% of the energy output from its HVAC system. A home energy audit performed by a licensed residential service electrician can help you identify any areas that are are not optimally efficient. An experienced electrician will be able to create a plan to help you improve your energy efficiency. This will eventually lead to saving energy and keeping more money in your wallet.
Here are a few things you can do to improve the energy consumption for heating and cooling in your home:
Use a programmable thermostat
- A programmable thermostat can regulate the temperature in your home while you are in it or while you are at work or on vacation.
- The proper use of such type of thermostat can save you as much as $180 per year.
- You will save about 2% of your monthly energy bill for every degree that you lower your thermostat with.
- When spring and fall come, the temperatures are warm during the day but the nights become a bit chilly. Installing a thermostat then will be the ideal solution if you have problems with saving energy when there are weather fluctuations.
Check your water heater
- A certified residential service electrician or a qualified handyman should come a couple of times per year to inspect whether your water heater is working properly. If it is not, we recommend you to get it instantly fixed, otherwise you may have to pay higher utility bills.
- Changing the setting from 140°F to 120°F can save you almost $100 per year.
Maintain your heating system
- Inspect your furnace and boiler every year. Lack of maintenance can lead to inefficient operation and even hazardous situations.
- If your heater is older than 10 years, consider replacing it with an energy-efficient model.
If you need some assistance or audit from a licensed residential service electrician in Brooklyn NY, you should definitely consider calling Walford Local Residential Electrical Repairs. You can reach us at (718) 221-5582 if you are curious to learn more about our special offers!